Qrp-Labs: Der QCX-mini ist verfügbar

• Nein, Entschuldigung Dietmar: nur "complete".

Shipped war bei den alten Bestellungen - war mein Versehen.

Best-Nr: 40683

vy 73/72! Christoph

• Moin,

es ist durchaus sinnvoll, der Mailingliste von QRP Labs zu folgen. Hans hatte dort geschrieben, dass sie es nicht schaffen werden, die 1.000 Stueck an einem Tag zu versenden. Laut seinem Bericht zur Doku sollten die ersten Kits am 10.12 bei den Bestellern sein, dann soll auch die Doku fertig sein.

73, Tom

• @DL9CHR Und ich wollte schon grummelig werden :)

DL7BJ Genau 10.12. minus sagen wir 4 Tage Versandweg ... dann könnte im System ja schon "shipped" stehen

Vy 72 aus Filderstadt

Dietmar, DL2SBA

• So - Status shipped und ETA 10.12. before 09:00 - schaun mr mal

wobei mich so was schon wieder stutzig macht ich tippe mal auf ähnliche Aussagekraft wie bei DHL ...

Vy 72 aus Filderstadt

Dietmar, DL2SBA

• UPS das sind doch die mit den 3 Zustellversuchen und dann schicken die die Sendung zurück? :evil:

Geht nichts über DHL.

73 de Haiko DF9HC

• Es gibt im allgemeinen bei den ganzen Paketdienstleistern ein "Tracking". Da kann man dann seine

Sendung verfolgen und auf den Seiten sogar Zustellwünsche äussern. Wer dann noch ein Paket

verpasst ist schlicht selbst schuld.

Ich hab damals in Höhr-Grenzhausen eher negative Erfahrungen mit DHL gemacht. Der Eingang

zu den Mieterwohnungen war der hintere Eingang und obwohl ich das bei Bestellungen immer

angegeben hatte kamen etliche Lieferungen wegen "Empfänger unbekannt" nicht an. Das lag dann

immer an den "Ich nix deutsch"-Zustellern.

;):whistling:

73´s Jürgen , ALT-512 SDR 10 Wtts, mittlerweile 50m endgespeist an der Luft + TS-790E für VHF/UHF mit Indoor X-30 und

4-Ele LPDA. Moxon für 6m/4m ebenfalls Indoor .... Xiegu G90 mit Eremit 18 AH LiFePO4 und 12m Spidermast für outdoor.

Member Log4OM Alpha- & Betatest Team

• Moin Loide,

jeder hat seine eigenen Erfahrungen mit Paketdiensten, bei mir ganz schlimm ist GLS. Mit UPS hatte ich in ueber 20 Jahren auch als Versender noch nie ein Problem, auch die Zollabwicklung die UPS fuer einen als Kunde erledigt, ist super. Zeitfenster fuer Abholauftraege werden strikt eingehalten, wenn nicht, ruft der Fahrer an, dass es spaeter wird, einmal gehabt, weil Fahrzeug defekt. UPS hat seit einiger Zeit auch Paketstationen, wo man Pakete abholen und aufgeben kann. Oft sind das irgendwelche Gewerbebetriebe, bei mir um die Ecke ein Nissan Autohaus.

So kann jeder bestimmt tausend Geschichten erzaehlen, bringt nur nichts ;)

73, Tom

• Hannes, warum dauert das Auspacken bei Dir so ewig?

"A lot of nice parts" streben per Schwerkraft der Tischplatte entgegen, Verpackungen verlassen zentrifugal beschleunigt den Werkplatz.

So geht das. Ich scherze!

Warte noch auf meine Lieferung.

Schön finde ich die Hameg-Sachen im Hintergrund und die kleinen Meteoriten im Tischplattenlack... ;o)

• Tja Jochen,

man muss es doch voll auskosten, wenn man schon mal was zum Auspacken hat - ist ja schliesslich noch nicht Weihnachten, Hi!
    Ich hoffe, Dein QCX Mini kommt auch bald - bitte den 10 uF Kondensator dann nicht vergessen, sonst gibt's QCX Mini "flambée" :)

72 de Hannes, DL9SCO

• Hallo Dietmar,

mit Magie hat das eigentlich nicht viel zu tun - eher mit dem Lesen der für den neuen QCX Mini relevanten posts von QRPLabs auf Groups.io, Hi!
    Es gibt wohl leider ein Problem mit dem QXC Mini, der sich beim Einschalten mit einem hässlichen kleinen Rauchwölkchen in die ewigen Transceivergründe verabschieden kann.
    Hans Summers hat dafür gestern Nacht bereits einen workaround entwickelt und schrieb hierzu heute in den frühen Morgenstunden:

Hi all

With great sorrow I have to report that a problem has arisen with the QCX-mini; I have investigated and found a simple modification which prevents the problem. This should be viewed as an essential change for ALL QCX-mini constructors.

Problem:

Four different constructors have reported their QCX-mini destroyed itself in a little puff of smoke. There was some commentary that this occurred on plugging in the power connector and in one case switching on/off rapidly.

Investigation:

SMD capacitor C38 is found to be not up to the job. Presumably of a type which is inadequate for the task. On a high speed oscilloscope, when the power is applied a large spike of up to 1.5x the supply voltage is observed, with a duration of the order of 0.1us. Where a supply voltage of 12 or 13.8V is used, the spike can exceed the maximum voltage rating of the AMS1117-5.0 voltage regulator IC and cause it to become unstable and self-destruct.

The failure mode of the AMS1117-5.0 is to connect its input to its output. This applies +12V to the +5V rail of the QCX-mini circuit, to which is connected the FST3253 1:4 MUX, the Si5351A Synth, the 74ACT08 PA driver, the LCD module, and the ATmega328 microcontroller. OUCH! The Si5351A synthesizer IC fails internally fusing its supply line to ground. That results in a high current flow through D1 and D2, the voltage dropper diodes which power the Si5351A via the +5V rail. One of these diodes fails first under the stress of the very high current flow, and this diode is what generates the "Psssst" sound, the smoke, and the bad lingering smell.

Solution:

The problem can be solved by soldering a 10uF electrolytic or tantalum capacitor from the voltage regulator input to ground (in other words, in parallel with the pathetically inadequate C38 SMD 10uF capacitor).

In testing with the 10uF electrolytic capacitor installed, I set my bench PSU to 14V and rapidly inserted and removed the 2.1mm power connector to the QCX-mini board. Without fully inserting it, only pushing it just about enough to make contact. My oscilloscope was connected to the voltage regulator input and output pins. No voltage spikes were seen and although I continued this attack for 10 seconds or more, no failure occurred.

I then removed the 10uF electrolytic capacitor and repeated the test. This time after several seconds, the failure occured: manifested by the statutory "Pssst" sound, smoke which in this instance arose from diode D1, and the bad lingering smell of burned diode. After the event a small crater was visible on the top of diode D1 and another on the FST3253 MUX. Result: dead QCX-mini requiring extensive repairs.

I then soldered a 10uF capacitor to another QCX-mini (my last, gulp) and again tried to kill it with repeated intermittent connection to my 20A bench power supply set to 14V and again, there was NO failure.

Modification:

The modification is described in the 1.04 version of the manual http://qrp-labs.com/images/qcxmini/manual_1_04.pdf in section 3.42 at pages 67 and 68.

The modification requires a small electrolytic or tantalum capacitor, value at least 10uF and rated at least 16V. The capacitor needs to be small enough to lie down in the space between the voltage regulator, op-amp IC10, and the power connector; it needs to be thin enough to not obstruct the gain potentiometer when the Controls PCB is plugged in. Practically speaking this means the capacitor should be no more than 5.5mm diameter and 9mm long. If you are familiar with the 10uF capacitor used in the QCX+ kit, this capacitor fits perfectly, it has diameter 4mm and length 7mm.

For those people who have already received their QCX-mini kit, or those whose kit is in the post... if you could find a suitable capacitor in your junkbox or local supplier, that would be much appreciated here. But if not, please email me and I will send you a suitable capacitor. For all future orders to be shipped out, we will include a suitable 10uF capacitor with your kit.

73 Hans G0UPL

http://qrp-labs.com

Ich hoffe, das hilft weiter!
    Mni 72 / 73 Hannes

72 de Hannes, DL9SCO

• Hallo Hannes

Zum Glück kommt mein QCX-mini erst später auf dem Labortisch unter den Lötkolben - Danke für den Hinweis!

Vy 72 aus Filderstadt

Dietmar, DL2SBA