QRPp entlang der Donau

• Hallo liebe Funkfreunde,

Ich werde arbeiten aus meinem Rucksack aus Österreich, beginnt am 8. Juni. Ich werde meine Tätigkeit konzentrieren zwischen 14045 und 14050kHz. Ich fürchte, die Zeiten werden "hit or miss"; wenn ich einen Augenblick und eine günstige Ast zu finden.

http://aa1tj.blogspot.com/2011/05/d-cell-dx.html

Ich hoffe von Ihnen zu hören und ich freue mich auf Ihren Besuch in Friedrichshafen!

73/72,
    Mike, AA1TJ

• Hallo Mike,

beautiful web-site - candle-powered equipment, what a nice idea....

Enjoy your trip across the "Donausteig". Hope to hear some candle- or D-cell-signals...

72/73
    Con

DM5AA - DOK V11 - JO64SC
    DL-QRP-AG#297 - G-QRP#7939 - AGCW#1957
    MosquitaTurm - Norcal + Sierra - RG ONE - viele Baustellen

Lizenz seit 1964: DM3RMA - DM5AA - DT5AA - DM2CUA - Y23UA - DL3KUA - und seit 1998 wieder DM5AA

• Hi Con and Gerd,

Thanks so much guys! We're really looking forward to it.

73/72,
    Mike, AA1TJ

• Mike, great blog!, followed it by your entry here. Wish you lot of fun on your treck and many nice contacts on 20/qrpp. Do you already know Helmut's new trx-designs (8V)? He showed it during the annual meeting of the DL-chapter of G-QRP in Waldsassen in April '11. Know him and Andreas personally, great engineers! Looking fwd to meeting you on the bands, 72 from JO30KP, Tom, DM4EA

72/73, Tom 4 . .-

Das schöne an einheitlichen Standards ist, dass man so viele verschiedene zur Auswahl hat.

• Hi Tom,

Thanks OM. I have seen several examples of Helmut's very FB handiwork but unfortunately I am not familiar with his most recent projects.

Yes, I hope to meet you on the bands. I also look forward to making some "Augapfel QSOs" with members of the group at the Saturday night BBQ in Friedrichshafen. It should be fun!

Gruß,
    Mike, AA1TJ

• Hello Mike,

I hope you will have a nice trip along the danube river in OE.

I'm looking forward to an eyeball-qso on our DL-QRP-AG-BBQ-Party at the CAP-ROTACH campground (http://www.cap-rotach.de) on June 25th. Please remember your registration via email to anmeldung@funken-lernen.de or direct at the FUNKEN-LERNEN booth on the HAM RADIO fair (booth A1-453, the booth with the friendly green dressed hams) not later than friday 6:00 p.m. (June 24th), so we can assure to have enough beer and steaks and famous german fried sausages for everyone. For further information have a look on the top-message on http://www.qrpforum.de

Up to now there are more than 40 registrations for the BBQ, mostly from DL and HB9 and we hope, that there are more registrations from the US and other countries.

vy 72 de DH8DAP, Frank aus Schwelm nr Wuppertal, JO31PG

Ich bin Westfale von Geburt und Europäer aus Überzeugung!

http://www.golf19.de

• Hallo Frank,

Danke für die Erinnerung. Hoffen wir auf gutes Wetter!

73/72 and see ya soon,
    Mike, AA1TJ

• Hallo zusamen,

habe versucht ein Kurzvideo von Mike's QRPp Aktivitäten aus OE in den Datenbereich (Audio/Video-Mitschnitte)
    hochzuladen.
    Wenn ich alles richtig gemacht habe und es die Admins freigeschaltet haben, sollte es dort in Kürze sichtbar sein...

72!

Peter/DL3PB

• ...tja einwandfrei und schön! Nur viel zu kurz.

73 de uwe df7bl

Uwe df7bl

Wenn Du meinst etwas geht nicht, dann störe nicht die, die es gerade machen.

• Dear Friends,

We're are in Engelhartzell tonight; only two more days of walking before we reach Passau. Everything has been FB so far except perhaps the propagation...but I won't complain given the beautiful weather we have had.

I apologize for the short videos. The Internet pipeline available to me has limited my upload capability. Tonight I managed to upload a slightly longer clip to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v5Ll1lXc2Y

I mistakenly list the call "OH6QP" near the end of the video. It should read "OH6BG". To date I've worked one station in Belgium and had RBN signal captures in Slovenia, Findland and Norway.

I hope to make a better presentation once I'm back at my home computer.

All the best,
    Mike, OE/AA1TJ/QRPp/p

• Das kurze Video von AA1TJ von heute ist zu sehen. Sehr schön.
    @ Mike: That nice short video from today is well done, thanks!

73 Michael, DF2OK.

~ AFU seit 1975 ~ DARC ~ G-QRP-Club ~ DL-QRP-AG ~ AGCW ~ FISTS ~ QRPARCI ~ SKCC ~

"Der Gesunde weiß nicht, wie reich er ist."

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DF2OK ()

• Thank you Michael,

We arrived in Passau this afternoon to discover there really is gold at the end of a rainbow. It is such a lovely town! And yet I wish that I could now spin around and walk back to Grein as I am very sorry the hike is finished already. In 9.5 days of walking we traversed 184km; some very easy hiking I indeed.

I was not able to operate from the field these past few days as the weather finally took a turn for the worse. Today, for example, we twice had to run across open fields with our heavy backpacks in order to escape the wrath of Thor. It would be ironic, perhaps even shameful, for a QRPp operator to die from a QROo lightening strike ;o)

When I meet some of you fellows at Friedrichshafen I would like to bend your ear about my "Sputnik Day" idea. In a nutshell, the idea is for everyone to build an approximate replica of the original 1w Sputnik beacon transmitter (which operated on both 20 and 40MHz). It appears to have been a very simple, two-stage vacuum tube design using a crystal controlled oscillator.

http://www.npointercos.jp/Energiamuseum.html

While the schematic for the Sputnik transmitter has never been published (to my knowledge) there is a chance we might rectify that situation. It turns out there is a duplicate Sputnik bird kept in a museum in Kansas (yes, I know how crazy that sounds). I intend to contact the museum curator upon my return to the States next month. I'll plead my case and attempt to round up a posse of diligent Kansas amateur radio ops who are capable of properly documenting the transmitter circuitry.

On "Sputnik Day" (4 October), I propose that we launch our little Spuniks on the 15m CW band. The event call might be something like "beep beep beep beep beep beep de AA1TJ". Wouldn't that be fun?

73/72,
    Mike, AA1TJ