Kuba funkt

• Nach einem Bericht über die Sorgen und Nöte der Kubanischen Funkamateure haben sich eine Reihe von Mitgliedern dieses Forums spontan bereit erklärt eine Unterstützungsaktion zu starten. Ich habe Arnie, CO2KK, den seit vielen Jahren gut kenne angeschrieben um etwas mehr über die aktuelle Situation zu erfahren.

Für mich stellt sich die Situation so dar:
    Die Kubanischen Funkamateure haben nach wie vor große Schwierigkeite an Material zum Selbstbau von Amateurfunkgeräten heran zu kommen, von Fertiggeräten gar nicht zu reden. Schwierigkeiten bereiten besonders spezielle Bauteile.
    In Anbetracht der Transportkosten sollte man jedoch sehr genau überlegen, was man schickt. Widerstände z.B. lassen sich aus jeder anderen Elekronik recyclen, das Verhältnis von Wert zu Transportgewicht ist sehr ungünstig. Trafos z.B. schreibt Arnie, haben sie im Überfluß, Netzteile bauen sie aus ausgeschlachteten Computer Netzteilen.

Was wir sammeln sollten:
    Lötkolben, Lötzinn, Halbleiter, Kondensatoren, Quarzfilter, Messgeräte, (keine Treibanker), komplette Bausätze, betriebsfähige QRP-Geräte, überzählige Handfunkgeräte.
    Wer kein Material hat das verschickenswert ist, sich aber trotzdem beteiligen möchte, der kann sich mit einer Spende auf das Konto der DL-QRP-AG beteiligen (Stickwort KUBA funkt)
    Kto: DL-QRP-AG 112 003 0265 BLZ 100 500 00 Berliner Sparkasse
    Die eingegangenen Spenden werden zum Begleichen der Transportkosten benutzt. Von etwaigen Überschüssen werden wir Lötkolben, Lötzinn und Meßgeräte für den Versand nach Kuba besorgen.

Eine große Bitte habe ich: Seid nicht beleidigt, aber angesichts der Transportprobleme und auf Grund von gesammelten Erfahrungen muss ich das schreiben: Bitte keine Shack Entsorgung!!!

Ich werde die eingenden Sachen sammeln und so nach und nach in nicht allzugroßen Paketen auf den Weg nach Kuba bringen. Hier im Forum werde ich eine Ergebnisliste veröffentlichen und von Zeit zu Zeit ergänzen, wenn wieder ein neues Paket abgegangen ist.

Material für Kuba funkt an:
    DL-QRP-AG z.Hd. Peter Zenker, DL2FI
    Molchstr. 15
    12524 Berlin

Dear amigo Peter in Berlin:
    Yesterday I received via postal small package several mechanical filters, that will
    help to make some of our DSB rigs go on the air on SSB !. They came from Ireland
    and it proves once again that small postal packages , marked with the customs
    declaration stating that the sending is a gift of no commercial value , and with the
    marking parts for radio amateurs in Spanish, are delivered in short time, and the
    Cuban Customs charge no import duty tax, because amateur radio is very much
    recognized here for its contribution to society, including the handling of emergency
    communications during the hurricanes, floods and other natural and man made
    disasters.

There are now some 5000 members of the Cuban Federation of Radio Amateurs
    but as you may realize not all have equipment at home.
    You must remember in your own country how equipment was built at home
    from parts that radio amateurs gathered from many sources, including recycling
    electronic components as we do by desoldering them from circuit boards.

I will go over today to my list of parts that are in most need, and send you later
    an e-mail with the information.
    My perception is that a very fruitful cooperation can be put to work, as there
    are lots of radio amateurs here that are becoming more and more able with
    the soldering iron, that by the way, the soldering irons and the rosin core solder So we have had to build soldering equipment with transformers that don´t always do a very good job.

Things that homebrewers in Europe take for granted are sometimes very hard
    to find or non existent locally, making a project go on and on for a long time !!!
    Again, small postal packages from the UK and Ireland have made it very well
    to Cuba, but I doubt that big heavy shipments of large packages will be a good
    option, and it will also be a lot more expensive.
    You will hear from me later amigo, in the meantime, muchas gracias, thank you
    very much for your kind help, as there are many Cuban radio amateurs that
    are not electrical domestic appliance operators, but real amateurs that make
    their own rigs and accesories.
    My Islander and Super Islander transceivers, as well as the other two projects
    in which I have collaborated are the backbone of Cuban amateur radio stations
    on the HF bands.. Maybe, if you think so, it would be a good idea for you and
    your friends to know more about our designs, that are easy to reproduce, not
    critical in components values and will put you on the air with nice signals... If we
    had some parts that are scarce, we could make more of them and even upgrade
    the designs a bit too.
    72 and DX
    YOur friend in Havana
    Arnie Coro
    CO2KK

73/2 de Peter, DL2FI
    Proud member of Second Class Operators Club SOC and Flying Pig Zapper #OOO (Certificated Kit Destroyer)

• Transfer der letzten Mail von Arnie:

Dear amigo Peter:

About the help for the Cuban radio amateurs... on Saturday I met with the executives of the La Habana province
    ( this is the province that sorrounds the capital city- metropolitan district that is known as Ciudad de la Habana )
    during the conversation I was able to have a clear picture of the parts that they need most to be able
    to start building more HF equipment.
    The problem with kits, is that they will need the instructions to be in Spanish language !!! and believe
    it or not it has proven to be a problem in the past.
    So, you can, for example send a QRP kit with an English instruction manual, and then I will, as my time
    is available, translate the manual into Spanish, so that they can assemble it properly.
    I also made a list of components that are scarce locally , and that probably can be obtained and
    shipped via Small Parcel Packets at rather reasonable cost.
    Just received here a small package from Ireland, containing no less than 10 mechanical filters of 455 kHz.
    They are wide filters, 6.1 kiloHertz wide, but the sharp ¨¨wall¨¨ will allow home builders here to
    make an SSB generator that will sound HI FI !!! Anyway, they are on the air on Double Side Band now
    so removing more carrier and the undesired sideband is a step in the right direction , as you may realize.
    The problem is that the Irish friend had no carrier crystals for those filters, but I already solved this
    by making a very stable VFO prototype that goes from 450 to 460 kiloHertz, and in the first tests
    proved to provide both Upper and Lower sideband generation...
    Will mail to you the list of things that they told me are in most need to be able to build both receivers
    and transmitters, as well as much needed homebrew test instruments...
    73 and DX
    YOur amigo in Havana
    Arnie Coro
    CO2KK

DL0AQB - Transfer Listserver <> Forum

• Hallo Peter, Hallo Kuba Funkt
    Arnie schrieb das es Probleme mit der Überstzung der Bauanleitungen in Spanische gibt. Wenn die übersetzung der Baumappe nicht sofort sondern sein muß, sondern etwas Zeit hat dann beteilige ich mich gerne mit der Übersetzung.
    Hier in Mexcio ist USA nicht weit und wer es sich leisten kann bringt man sich die Sachen halt mit. Hier lenrt man aber Gedult zu haben und oder PC-Netzteile zu Funkgeräten umzubauen.

Herz(t)liche Grüße
    Daniel aus XE

• Hallo,
    denkt bitte bei netzbetriebenen Geräten daran, daß Kuba eine Netzspannung von 110V/60Hz hat.
    Mit 230V-Geräten wird es eventuell problematisch, soweit keine Trafos o. ä. vorhanden sind.

Norbert, DK6NF